Even though an essay is easier to write than a research paper, a methodology description is a thing that shouldn’t be skipped when writing one. A practical approach allows you to avoid many mistakes and unnecessary questions. You have landed on the right page if you want to find out more about this and see some good examples of an essay methodology.
First, you need to understand that choosing the correct methodology that fits your assignment is crucial. Then you should think how you can introduce this technique in the essay. There is no better way to look at this as through the lens of a perfect example. For instance, you can write an essay on Macbeth in different ways:
- Since the 17th century, numerous scholars have been trying to give their interpretation of Macbeth. One of the options is to take several analyses and compare them. In this case, your methodology description will answer the questions like – why you have chosen this topic and these interpretations.
- There are a lot of superstitions considering Macbeth, and you can study them. You can do this in many ways – you may talk with an experienced actor from the local theater, or you can search for valid articles in the press or try to find relevant books from the critics.
- It is a well-known fact that Shakespeare was using other sources to create this play. You can address this matter in your essay.
- Another question that you can raise is how manners and customs are described in Macbeth.
And the list can go on, as there is a stupendous amount of aspects of this masterpiece that you can focus on. Research methodology always includes the analyses of materials relevant to the study.So, in all of the abovementioned examples there are four basic ways to deal with the essay methodology:
- Determine the methods for collecting data
- Determine the methods for analyzing data
- Use the approach previously used by some other scholar
- Describe what you are doing and describe why you are doing it
The type of the study will determine the research method that you will use. Some of the examples of research methods are: action, expository, pure, experimental, and applied research. But what method should you follow in your paper? When you know the purpose of your research, you will understand which method should be applied. Depending on the source of the materials used for the research, there can be primary or secondary research.
What are you waiting for?
Order with 15% discount NOW!
Having chosen the right essay methodology, you can make your work clearer and easier. The more methods you know, the more flexible you will become regarding your writings. Develop your knowledge and enjoy the results!
Dec 07, 2016 in Student’s Life