Do you have any questions?


Do you have
any questions?

Ugandan Culture

Buy custom Ugandan Culture essay

Buy custom Ugandan Culture essay

The Ugandan culture comprises of various ethnic groups. Most Ugandans are Bantus, who occupy a large area of Uganda. Christians dominate most of the Uganda’s population that is making up of 85% of the country’s population. The other religions make up 15% where one of the nationalities are Muslims. The other thing to note about Uganda’s culture is that football is the national sport; therefore, the government supports the national football team. There are also some other games, but their popularity has not grown so much. The main dishes in Uganda include matoke among others such as pea stew, beans and others. There are about 40 languages in Uganda. Uganda is the widely used. Although English stands in the position of the official language, there are other languages in use.

Get a Price Quote

Type of assignment

Title of your paper


Academic level




Total price


* Final order price might be slightly different depending on
the current exchange rate of chosen payment system.

Christianity is the most popular or the most widely spread religion in Uganda. The religion plays significant role in the culture of Uganda. One of the areas it has a key role to play in is the health care (Rutanga & Centre for Basic Research (Kampala, [2004]). Christianity helps to sensitize people over deadly diseases such as HIV and AIDS. They help in making people aware about some diseases. They spread the message of preventive measures to their followers, and this message reaches most people. It helps in advising the government on the way forward in the concern in the health sector. On top of that, they help in passing a message of awareness to the pople on issues of low health spending and sexual reproductive health.

Order now

Agriculture is the main economic activity in Uganda, and it contributes to the improvement of the economy. This activity has led to the improvement of health care in Uganda. For example, it has led to the development of industries to manufacture their raw materials into finished products. The construction of these industries has led to the creation of health amenities such as dispensaries, hospitals and others. These facilities are providing better services to the entire Ugandan population. Additionally, they have started educating the population on the best health practices such as the kind of diet to take and the consequences that may arise due to the failure to heed to the best health practices.

Various social factors in Uganda normally affect the health care of the country. For example, the family structure, where the Ugandans view the man as the head of the family and the only one who should make final assent. When one person in the family gets sick, the head of the house can say no to any clinic, and this would result in death. Political factors have improved the health facilities in Uganda. However, the northern part of Uganda has experienced some civil wars. One group that has greatly influenced the growth of the Uganda health facilities is the Lord Resistance Group, which is anti-governmental organization. This war has remained a threat in the region and has led tto the lack of adequate security to the people of Uganda. This was evident in the year 2010 when the population living in northern Uganda fled away because of the war. These wars have led to the state of fear and the lack of inadequate security and have posed a problem in employing the health facilities initiatives in the area.

In Uganda, some ethnic activities such as the use of minerals, animal products, and ancient herbs for medical roles are frequent and are actually preferred over the western drugs and medication. These activities supplement the use of western drugs thus enhancing good health. Some societies in Uganda have come to understand the structure of the family. For example, in the Ugandan society, women actually give care to the young children and normally are targeted to with the mandate of the leader of the family; this would increase the possibility of the health activities improving (Hogle, et al., 1991).

Ethics refers to important manifestation on morality. Simply, the law does not guide their behavior but employs goods that will improve the living of the population. Various cultural beliefs and values have been of great pleasure for the people of Uganda. For example, the Christians in Uganda believe that they should help each other in case there is a problem; the failure to comply with this is termed as unethical. Other than that, they have preached against homosexuality in order to reduce the spread of HIV and AIDS.

Buy custom Ugandan Culture essay

Related essays

Your request should consist of 5 char min.

Get 15% off your first custom essay order.

Order now

from $12.99/PAGE

Online - please click here to chat
Tell a friend